25th Anniversary Concert
Saturday 1 July 2017, 7:30pm
Our repertoire includes:
– Poulenc’s Gloria
– “Both Sides Now” by Joni Mitchell
– “Make our Garden Grow” from Candide by Bernstein
– “Invocation to Sleep” and “The Golden Cloud did Sleep” by Tchaikovsky
– “Calme des Nuits” and “Les Fleurs et les Arbres” by Camille Saint-Saëns
– “9 to 5” by Dolly Parton – and more!
St John’s Waterloo, 73 Waterloo Road, London SE1 8TY
Advance Tickets: £12 / £8 concessions (Unemployed, children and students in full-time education, seniors over state pension age). Online sales will close at 12 noon on the day of the concert, but tickets will still be available on the door: £15 / £10 concessions.
Diversity – Glória!
Our Spring Concert was on 8th April 2017 when Diversity Choir welcomed our guests Glória, Dublin’s Lesbian and Gay Choir.
Together we celebrated the 450th anniversary of Monteverdi, and performed music with an operatic and musical theatrical connection, some Irish ballads and some disco favourites! The programme included:
Our concert at St John’s Waterloo on 4 December 2016 was themed Spellbound – celebrating faeries, magic and all things supernatural.
Our repertoire for the evening included the following popular and classical pieces:
- Selections from Purcell’s The Fairy Queen
- Dream With Me (from Peter Pan)
- Fairytale of New York
- Mister Sandman
- Selections from The Wizard of Oz
- Walking in the Air (the theme from The Snowman)
- Rheinberger’s Mummelsee op. 95, 1.
Pictures: Pat Langford