Diversity Choir’s next concert will be on
Saturday 2 December 2017
at St John’s Waterloo, 73 Waterloo Road, London SE1 8TY
If you’re interested in joining us, please contact our Membership Team
Two long standing members of Diversity Choir, Al Booth and James Murphy, talk about their experiences and reasons for joining the choir … from the social and friendly atmosphere, to the enjoyable range of musical styles. Interview with thanks to David Baker.
LGBT Choir Festival
Diversity Choir will be joining 27 LGBT choirs from around the UK for a weekend of workshops, training, dance, rehearsals and fun.
The HAND in HAND LGBT Choir Festival in Manchester culminates in a fantastic concert at the Royal Northern College of Music on Saturday 19 August 2017.
25th Anniversary Concert
In July 2017 we celebrated our silver jubilee with a repertoire that included:
– Poulenc’s Gloria
– “Both Sides Now” by Joni Mitchell
– “Make our Garden Grow” from Candide by Bernstein
– “Invocation to Sleep” and “The Golden Cloud did Sleep” by Tchaikovsky
– “Calme des Nuits” and “Les Fleurs et les Arbres” by Camille Saint-Saëns
– “9 to 5” by Dolly Parton – and more!
Diversity – Glória!
Our Spring Concert was on 8th April 2017 when Diversity Choir welcomed our guests Glória, Dublin’s Lesbian and Gay Choir.
Together we celebrated the 450th anniversary of Monteverdi, and performed music with an operatic and musical theatrical connection, some Irish ballads and some disco favourites! The programme included:
Our concert at St John’s Waterloo on 4 December 2016 was themed Spellbound – celebrating faeries, magic and all things supernatural.
Our repertoire for the evening included the following popular and classical pieces:
- Selections from Purcell’s The Fairy Queen
- Dream With Me (from Peter Pan)
- Fairytale of New York
- Mister Sandman
- Selections from The Wizard of Oz
- Walking in the Air (the theme from The Snowman)
- Rheinberger’s Mummelsee op. 95, 1.
Pictures: Pat Langford